Mean Girls // Sweet As Mae

April 18, 2016



Mean girls are real. Although they're mimicked and made as a joke in the famous 2004 film, mean girls do exist. I learned that the hard way. I just felt like sitting down and basically chatting with you guys about one of many mean girls in my life. 
As I have started my second year of college I have had more and more experiences with these mystical mean girls. They are not "so fetch". I feel like you can't escape them and there'll always be a Gretchen Wieners or Regina George waiting to ruin you. But I guess it's part of life, and as much as I dislike these mean girls, they have helped me realise a lot about myself. 

I'm going to tell you a story. Three years ago (when I was in Year 8 at Intermediate), I met a girl. Let's call her Regina. Might as well keep the theme going. So Regina and I became really close. She was in my friend group so we got along well and hung out often. Or so I thought. Turns out, Regina did not like me very much. It came to the last term of the year and she started acting really weird, and so did my other friends. I was then told that Regina had been telling the group that I was bitching about each and every one of them. She told my best friend I called her a fat ugly bitch (sorry for swearing). She told my good friend from dance that I said she sucked. I can honestly tell you all now, I never said those things. And the funny part? Regina was the bitchy one in the group. You couldn't really trust her, she was the back stabber. Luckily this meant that the group believed me, and didn't hold the rumors against me. The year ended and needless to say I was less than happy with Regina.

Year 9 rolled around, my first year of college! I try my best not to hold grudges, so when Regina greeted me so nicely on the first day I was more than happy to give her another chance. We were getting along fine, things seemed to be back how they used to be. Wrong again, wouldn't you know it! Regina began pulling one of our friends away from the group. Let's call her Karen. She always planned stuff for just herself and Karen, and Karen began drifting from the group. We then found out that Regina was back to her old tricks and talking crap about us to Karen. We talked it out with Karen, and we called moved on, we never called Regina out for what she did because we wanted to just get over it. 

Throughout the rest of the year, Regina's dislike of me grew. She would say I was ugly to Karen when they were sitting a row across from me in class. BTW you can hear people talking about you when they're a row across. Regina didn't catch on. She told my best friend that she wanted to punch me in the face, and that same lunch time asked to hang with me. I didn't want drama so I didn't confront her. We all knew though. She called all of us ugly, dumb, bitches behind our backs. Except it was generally within earshot ahah! 

We finally make it to year 10 with minimal drama! You'd think in Regina's third year of friendship with us she may have changed. Take a guess. If you said wrong you get the vibe haha! What Regina said about us can be classed as bullying, and I remember one day she made a snide comment about my body shape (I am naturally petite and she basically said I was anorexic.) and I was done. The next day I confronted Regina. I promise, these were my exact words. "Look Regina, we all know you talk about us and it's really starting to hurt our feelings. We still want to be your friend but we're just upset that you talk about us this way." So, instead of trying to mend the situation, what does Regina do? She starts bawling and goes to the Principal. So the whole group gets called in. Regina refused to talk to us so that meeting was a fail. 

Present day. Regina still refuses to speak and she's out of my life now. Once a mean girl always a mean girl I guess. I honestly feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. All the hurt and negativity has gone from a 10 to about a 2 with her gone. But I didn't just write this post to bitch about Regina. I wanted to let you know that there is always going to be people that you don't get along with, and may say bad things about you. But it should fuel your strength, not burn it out. I don't hate Regina, we had a lot of issues but I don't hate her. She has prepared me for the big bad world where there will be millions of Reginas. So if you're dealing with a Regina, or a Gretchen, or even a Karen, you're not the only one. (Mean Girls GIF from http://stylecaster.com/mean-girls-gifs/)


Have you ever met a mean girl?






Stay Sweet,



post signature

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This was such an honest post and I love it! I really can relate. By the way I am another blogger from NZ if you are interested check out my blog, xxx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! This post was all honesty and I hope it helped you in any way :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post, so relatable! I used to have to deal with mean girls all the time - they always seem to be everywhere! - but not so much anymore luckily! I'm so glad she is out of your life now X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post :) Mean Girls seem to be a common occurence nowadays!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe