Skincare & Beauty Haul // Sweet As Mae

October 19, 2015

Hey guys! This week I wanted to post a little haul for you . . . and by little I mean kinda big - haha! When I went to Auckland for my birthday (See that post here), there were quite a few shops there that we don't have where I live.
Plus the shops that we do have where I live are a lot bigger in Auckland! So I thought I would share the things I bought with you in case you would like to purchase them or if you are just interested :)  I did buy a decent amount of products, but I feel like we spend so much money on clothes, shoes and other things that we should be allowed to have a bit of a skincare/beauty splurge once in a while!




The Body Shop:
Every Body Shop that I went to in Auckland was massive, so I spent quite a long time just looking at everything! They had an amazing range of new products in stock, and I had to pick a few things up. The first thing I grabbed was my favourite Aloe Calming Cleanser. I raved about this in my September favourites, it feels so creamy on the skin and removes my makeup beautifully.
I knew I also wanted an exfoliator, as it's something I am missing from my skincare regime. I picked up the Aloe Gentle Exfoliator. Since I love the aloe cleanser so much, I thought this would be a great exfoliator to start with.
Next up I bought the Almond Hand and Nail Butter. I have tried many of The Body Shop's famous hand creams, but a butter sounded really hydrating and I love the smell of almonds! My nails get quite dry and brittle and the same happens to my hands, especially in the change of season, so this seemed essential for me.
Lastly I picked up the Tea Tree Face Mask. I am a total lover of face masks, and tea tree oil is a famous ingredient in many of The Body Shop's products. This mask is meant to calm skin and decrease blemishes, so this mask is perfect for breakouts!




Lush:
If any of you have read most of my posts, you'll know how much I love Lush! Every time I go to Auckland I get so excited to go to Lush, and this time was the same as any other! 
Firstly I popped a Twilight Bath Bomb into my Lush basket. I tried this bath bomb for the first time this year, and it has been one of my all-time favourite Lush products ever since! Smells sweet and girly, and it's super relaxing.
One of the few bath bombs I haven't tried from Lush before is the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb, so I picked that up. I'm going to be honest, the name did put me off for a while! But it smells absolutely amazing, and it's so pretty, with ombre purple to bright pink colouring. Plus it's got a little rose on top :)
The Comforter was one of the first Lush products I ever tried, and it is definitely my favourite bubble bar. It lasts so long, and it is so pleasing to look at. Smells like sweets and berries, love love love!
Next I grabbed a Honey I Washed The Kids Shower Gel. Another classic, this one is also on my list of all-time fave Lush products! The smell literally makes you want eat it; it's toffee, caramel and honey all put together in one legendary shower gel. I will be using this now and for years to come.
I have heard so many people rave about the Lush Fresh Face Masks, and Cupcake has had nothing but positive reviews. It is recommended for teenage, blemish prone skin, so I decided to give it a go! It has a strong chocolatey scent, which makes me so pumped to use it! 
Lastly I picked up the Grease Lightening Spot Treatment. I have been having a few hormonal breakouts recently, so I wanted to give this product a go since it has great reviews.



Smith and Caugheys:
This is really the only place I went to and bought "Beauty" products instead of skincare or pamper products. It is this amazing department store, with a massive range of cool beauty counters that aren't anywhere else in New Zealand!
The first product I grabbed as soon as I could was the Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm. This is my holy grail lip balm, I have never used any other lip balms that feels so hydrating and creamy on the lips. There are a few shops that stock Burt's Bees products where I live, but the selection is no where near as good as Smith and Caugheys.
Since the Burt's Bees selection was so great, I picked up one of their new lip glosses as well! I swatched a few on my hand but ended up going for a pretty nude pink that has an amazing shimmer! The colour is 227 in Ocean Sunrise (love the name!). It was a little pricey for a lip gloss, but I always find that lip glosses last a long time, plus like I said before I think you can splash out a little on beauty every now and then. 
Next I picked up a Tangle Teezer. I am so late to jump on this bandwagon, mainly because I couldn't find a proper Tangle Teezer in any stores, and it's also a little pricey. I chose a pretty combo of white and pastel pink, and I have been using this already. I can confirm that it is an amazing hairbrush and may be turning up in my next favourites! 


So I hope you guys enjoyed my little (big) skincare/beauty haul, you may want to purchase some of these items yourself, or if you already have leave me a comment below! Have a great week and you can expect a Halloween themed post next week ;) 

What are your favourite shops to have a skincare/beauty splurge at? ♥

Stay Sweet, 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe