Offline Mae // Sweet As Mae

June 14, 2016


Hello Sweeties! I've wanted to do this post since Acqua (from onwayacqua) posted it a couple months ago. I think it's really important that throughout this blog I'm sharing myself personally with you guys. 


The premise of this post is to kind of give you guys a little more insight to my personality and identity etc. So basically I'm going to pretend to be someone meeting me and describe how I would act, the impression I'll give and just help you guys learn a little more about me! If that makes any sense. Without further a do, let's meet me . . .
P.S This post will be super long and rambly so grab a snack and get comfy!

FIRST IMPRESSION:

When you first meet me, I'll come off one hundred percent extrovert. I love meeting new people, there's just something about learning more about a person that really interests me. Since I love meeting new people, I'll be sure to try and show all the best bits of my personality. I'll be extra friendly, bubbly and start conversations with confidence. 

As you get to know me, you'll probably learn a few things that stand out. One being -  I laugh a lot. Like a lot. I find almost anything remotely humorous funny. You know when you laugh so hard your cheeks hurt? That's me on a daily basis. But laughing lightens the mood! It's a fact. Don't get me wrong, I do know when it's the right time to laugh and not laugh, and I can be quite serious. But if I'm just having a casual conversation I'll probably end up laughing. 


Another thing you'll come to learn is although I'm often light-hearted and laughing, I can be grumpy at times. When I'm mad, I usually just avoid people for a bit to cool down. Don't worry, I don't have an anger disorder or anything serious. It's just if I'm having a bad day I can get really grumpy and I often have to have a little time to myself to chill out and take a few deep breaths. Most of the time if I'm grumpy it's because I'm tired. That's a side note for your own good ahaha! 

MORE ABOUT ME:

I'm not a cuddly person. I don't have one of those personality types that's all hugs and kisses. I'm a very friendly person, but there's a massive difference between friendly and cuddly. I cuddle my dog. That's about it. I will be occasionally cuddly with my closest closest friends but it's pretty rare!

I don't enjoy telling people my feelings, so that is one part of me that's slightly introverted. I'm a major feeling-bottler. I know it's not great for your psyche, but If I'm sad I don't like telling people. I hate talking about my feelings and I get super shy, so if you ask me about my feelings I'll probably change the subject. People are sometimes offended when I don't tell them things, but don't be. Even my closest friends don't know everything about me, and that's because I'm a private person. I think that's why I love blogging. A chance for me to tell people how I feel without having to do it face to face so I don't get nervous or flustered. 

I'm independent. I feel like this is tied to my dislike of sharing my feelings. Although I love being with my friends and having social events, when it comes to things like group assignments at school, I'm really not a fan. I love doing things alone. I think another reason for this is I like being in control. That doesn't mean I'm bossy, and I think lots of people get the wrong idea. I just like having everything organised and just right, and when I'm by myself I feel like everything goes smoother. 

I love having a good time. I'm easily bored, so I like people who are adventurous and fun and want to do things that are a little crazy at times. This is linked to my love of being creative and using my imagination, I think. 

I'm a tad OCD. Seriously, I'm not mocking the condition in the slightest. I've had problems in the past with OCD and I get super stressed about everything being perfect. Did I mention I'm a major perfectionist? Well I am. 

HOBBIES:
Most of you probably know this already, but I'll quickly run you through my hobbies. I'm a lover or reading. Less so through the past few years as I've been introduced to technology, but I still love a good book. Writing is one of my favourite things to do. I have spent years writing a combination of stories and essays because it's what I love to do. I don't think I will make a career out of it but it is one of my passions. Dance. Another thing I do because it makes me happy. I have been dancing for 6 years, and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Since I hate sharing my feelings, dance is another way I can express myself without talking about it. There's just no other feeling that even compares to performing on stage. Photography and blogging are also two of my other fave hobbies, as you have probably gathered! 

So that's a little run down of me and my personality. Please please do this tag, I love reading about people's personalities and hobbies. 

How would you describe your personality in three words?


Stay Sweet,
post signature

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love your blog and this blog post! I love how it connects you with your audience more :)
    Kia x x x

    http://www.itskiaerin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post Mae, it was so honest and interesting xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked my post and wanted to do the tag! This was such an interesting post, I love seeing a glimpse of bloggers behind the scenes :)

    onmyayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be tough to get your personality across through a beauty/product blog. Afterall, i struggle putting the extra hint of me into my lifestyle posts. <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe