Christmas Cupcakes // #12DaysOfSweetAsMae

December 25, 2015



Hey guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS! I know that 12 Days Of Sweet As Mae ended on December 23rd, but I thought you guys might enjoy a post for you to read on Christmas Day :) So here I have a recipe for festive Christmas Cupcakes! They're essentially mini Christmas cakes, they're filled with spices and raisins and they literally taste like Christmas. You might like to whip these up on Christmas Day, or if you're Christmas obsessed you may make them in June (haha). Let's get started ♥






Prep Time: 1 Hour 20-30 Minutes  Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:

Cakes:

115g Mixed dried fruit
1 Tsp Finely grated orange rind
2 Tbsp orange juice
85g Butter, softened
85g Light soft brown sugar
1 Large egg, lightly beaten
115g Self-raising flour
1 Tsp ground mixed spice

Icing:

85g Icing sugar
2 Tsp orange juice
A handful of silver balls to decorate

Method:

1. Put the mixed fruit, orange rind and orange juice in a small bowl and cover and leave to soak for 1 hour. 




2. Preheat the oven to 175 . You may need to increase or decrease this temperature, depending on your oven strength. Put 12 paper baking cases in 2 muffin trays, today I used some green, red and white festive cases. 



3. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.


Here I have the butter and sugar in one bowl and the flour and mixed spices in another.

4. Gradually beat in the egg. 

5. Sift in the flour and mixed spice and using a metal spoon gently fold them into the mixture, followed by the soaked fruit.

6. Evenly spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Tip: I like to use a heaped teaspoon to do this because you get a good amount of mixture in each case.



7. Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown - again this depends on your oven.

8. Check the cupcakes using a skewer and once cooked place on a cooling rack to cool. 




9. While the cakes are cooling sift the icing sugar into the bowl and gradually mix in the orange juice until the icing is a smooth thick texture.

10. You can spread or pipe your icing, I chose to pipe mine in checkered patterns. Don't worry if it's a bit messy, I made mine a bit messy so it looked more simple and rustic.




11. Add any decorations to make your cupcakes look pretty, I added little silver balls to decorate mine. I also had these cute toppers which I didn't get any photos of because I put them in just before serving. Believe me, they looked so cute!




I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy cupcake recipe. These actually taste so good, I was really happy with how mine turned out! They smell amazing too; I had trouble waiting for these to come out the oven! You could use different fruits or spices to make these your own, but this is the basic recipe. I got this recipe from a cupcake recipe book and I'm not sure where it's from sorry. But there are loads of similar recipes out there for you to try :) I'm having the week of blogging next week, but I'll see you in January! Love you guys xxx Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ♥

What's your favourite Christmas food?


Stay Sweet,

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These look absolutely delicious and I'm totally going to try to make them! :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give them a go! They're so delicious if you like that kind of thing! x

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe